Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Recipe Request Just In From across The Big Pond!


I start my days very early every day.  I am training by 5:45-5:55 and usually have no break until around 11:00 so I need to eat and it is early!  One of my favorite breakfasts that I can whip up with little or no thought is an egg or egg beater veggie bowl or mini bowls to go. These were requested by my friend In London!  My friends are used to my little healthy but time saving recipes.  Now it is time to share with all of you.  Please note I am not much on measuring so if you need to do so feel free.  Here goes.

Egg or Eggbeater Breakfast Bowl
One breakfast bowl sprayed with cooking olive oil
2 Eggs whipped with a splash of water  
Or Eggbeaters equivalent to 2 eggs
About 1/8 cup finely shredded cheese (I prefer white cheese but your favorite is fine)
About 1/2 cup frozen veggies (I always keep on hand-peppers and onions, mixed, broccoli, carrots, spinach or cauliflower etc.)
Diced chicken, turkey, turkey bacon or anything you have in the fridge!
Diced jalapenos – optional- I like spice even for breakfast!
Put frozen veggies in bowl, microwave for 1 minute, add cheese, chicken, jalapenos and any spices you like, mix, cover and microwave about 3 minutes depending on your microwave or taste. 
Dig in! 

Here is The Make Ahead then Grab and Go version.
16oz. container of eggbeater s or egg whites
1-package/box frozen spinach –thawed-press with paper towel to remove liquid
½ cup cheese
Finely diced veggies-your choice
Chicken/Turkey-your choice
Mix all ingredients; pour into lined muffin tin, bake 30minutes @350 degrees.
Warm up whenever!  
 
Commit to get fit,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment