Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snacks From Funk To Fun!

Hey Ladies,

It seems everyone I have worked with or run into in the last two days are in a real funk.  We all know when this happens it leads straight to the snacks!  It does not matter the reasons, they all seem valid, so as I always say please pick your poisons wisely!!  Here are a few of my favorites.  What ?  I am human too!

  • First if you are a snacker divide the purchased snack into snack baggies keeping the calorie count at or below a 100 calories.  You can still eat your favorites just control it. Now you can grab and go. Never eat out of a full bag or box!
  • Fruit-grapes, apples, bananas, strawberries- any fruit cause it is easy to take with.
  • Fruit smoothie add a scoop of protien powder for a bonus.
  • Veggies with dip.  Use no fat plain Greek yogurt and add any dry spices or salad dressing.  It will taste great and you will get some added protein.
  • 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn.  Orville kettle corn is great!
  • Nuts-again make ahead in the baggies.
  • Yogurt with cut up fruit, cinnamon and nuts.  Awfully tasty!
  • Salsa w/ Beanitos black bean chips! (my favorite!)  They are corn free-gluten free and have fiber and protein
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Leftover chicken, turkey- (good cold).
  • Pickles
 
The thing that is most important here is to be prepared and get creative! Get your fresh fruits, vegetables and any snacks on the weekend then  prepare for your week. One little rule I always followed for the 20 + years I worked in an office was while I worked I carried my food and snacks with me to the office! If you only have  healthy foods and snacks in the house or at the office when you snack it will be much healthier! With practice and a grocery list you will find that you start to replace a few nonessential, calorie-wasting items with your new healthy foods and snacks. 

Enjoy and pass on any of your favorites so we may all have a few more options.

Commit to get fit,
Debra




No comments:

Post a Comment